Openstreetmap/Overpass Mapping Project
May 15, 2021openstreetmap
I am looking at re-launching my London website using Openstreetmap with overpass data.
What I would like to do is create 2 subpage templates which pull the query from the url
- local area eg. Chiswick /location/chiswick
- features eg. Butchers /shop/butchers
At first i would like to start with a simple site, but structure it, so it is easy to add features in the future.
I had Laravel in mind as I am used to developing with that, but not sure the best way to get this mapping included.
- What mapping framework would you use to build this? I have looked into Leaflet.js for this demo.
- Is there an easy way to output all tags that apply to the UK? eg. aerialway=t-bar isnt really relevant as there are no ski-resorts in London
- How can I update the details for each business? whats the best way to get involved with the data here.
- What is the difference between tags and map features. I wanted to show a friend an asian supermarket in hammersmith called Thai Smile - was wondering what is the tags/info for this place. Is this all the data that is stored for Thai Smile
- I would like to see a map with all the tags / map features and ALL data for an area to see what is available. Would this be easier to do offline / locally?
- Can I use tags on the demo page map?
- What are the best tools i can easily install on debian linux? I installed merkaartor a map editor for OpenStreetMap.org, and this allowed me to see the data stored for each entry. But where is this info actually visible on a map? There are shops that say they have a bing:photograph, but where is this visible? This is the data I would like to access and use. I would also update it too if I can use this how I hope I can.